Monday, July 26, 2010

A fabulous weekend

This past weekend was so needed! Being in Houston with no family and friends is pretty lonely and often boring at times.  I shouldn't say no friends as I do have a few friends who live in Houston but they live about 45 minutes away from us and they have normal people jobs that work during the week and off on the weekends, well that doesnt work so well with our schedule so basically it gets pretty lonely in these parts but this weekend was great my family came in town and one of our friends was off on the same day as us!!

On friday the fabulous weekend started off with getting my hair done.  I so needed this!! It has been so long since I gt my hair done and my hair grows so fast and its so thick that I just felt like I had a 10 lb monkey hanging off my head and it was hot and just blah...well I went to a new place thats way closer to where I live and the girl did such a good job, I will most certainly be going back.

 Before:

and After:

Its way shorter but so much lighter. She put a lot of layers in and it feels so much lighter but honestly I miss my super long hair but I know this will grow out some and then be perfect but I do seriously love it.

Then my parents got in town but pretty much just turned around and left because they were going to the Astros v. Reds game and were running behind, which was fine by me because I was so tired since I hadnt slept much that day and worked the night before so I needed to take a nap.

On Saturday we all got up and hung out while trying to decide what to do, we ended up going out to this massive flea market since my parents like to do that sort of thing and even though it was waaaay HOT we still had a good time.  We came home and relaxed and then me and my mom headed to my favorite TJ Maxx in the free time we had before dinner that night to do some shopping.

my momma and me:

my parents:

Saturday night we went out to dinner at this yummy little mexican place right by the baseball stadium, it was called Diego's and it was great, perfect location, delicious foot, and good waitstaff. While we ate my dad went to get tickets and then we were off to the game, My dad is a huge Cincinnati Reds fan which is why they went to the game two nights in a row...and the Reds won both nights, it was alot of fun...I mostly just did some people watching


me and the hubby:



after the game:





On Sunday we met up with a friend from college at one of our favorite spots and watched dodgeball, drank beer, and caught up, It was a great sunday afternoon


And last but not least today me and the hubby both had the day off again which I must say is so rare that we both have three days in a row off together and it was kinda nice to do things like a normal couple. Anyways we just hung out ran some errands and then went to eat at this place I have been wanting to go to for some time

Its called Little Bigs and its this teeny little place that just serves sliders and fries and then they also serve beer and wine.  I got a beef slider and a pulled pork slider and we shared some fries all of which was so delicious and of course I had to get a chocolate shake because I never do that and in this heat it just sounded so good...and it was. We will defanitly be going back to this place!!


So that was it probably the busiest weekend I have had in months but I actually like having things to do I get a little stir crazy having nothing to ever do.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your hair was so long!! Gorgeous! But I think the new cut is super cute too. It's always hard to try somewhere new for a haircut, but it's the best when it works out and they give you a really great cut. Love it...


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved