Monday, October 24, 2011

5 months

My oh my how time flies! How am I the mom of a 5 month old!! I was looking back at pictures and it blows my mind how fast he has grown and how old he is looking!

Age: 5 Months
Weight: weighed him this weekend and he was about 17lbs 6 oz

Milestones: SCREAMING he has certainly found his voice and loves to use it he likes to scream and squawk and is always telling us about everything.  He has decided rolling is over rated and wont do it anymore, I have been putting him on his tummy more to hopefully help him develop more muscles for crawling and rolling.  He is also getting better at sitting and it shouldn't be long before he is sitting up more straight on his own.  He has been grabbing at stuff and playing with toys more too which I think is so cute!

Sleep:  Still kind of random.  I don't force any kind of sleep schedule on him I let him sleep when he is tired and not when I want him to.  He will sleep from 730 or 8 at night and will usually wake around 3 am and then up for the day around 630 or 7.  Sometimes he wakes around 1230 but I am hoping that will become less and less frequent.  He will also usually lay down with me and take one or two long naps one in the morning and one in the afternoon usually lasting 2-3 hours.

Eating:  Still exclusively breastfed, I am waiting till 6 months to start solids.  Breastfeeding has gotten so much easier I will do a post just on that here soon but I love that he can eat and be full in 5 minutes.  On the nights I work he will sometimes eat 5oz around 6 then another 6-7oz just before bed around 730 or 8 then will eat another 6oz when he wakes up in the nights and then 5oz at 630 or 7.

Likes: LOVES to be outside and go on walks, bath times, his jumperoo, books

Dislikes: being left alone in a room, being wet or dirty, getting his nose wiped...typical boy
taking a dive trying to get out of his boppy...no tummy time mommy!!!

What I'm wearing: moved to size 3 diapers for nighttime, most of 6m clothes are getting tight Im going to have to rotate to the 9m stuff.  6-9m clothes fit good too almost all 6m jammies are too short

4 comments:

Leigh said...

He's getting so big and so cute! :)

Erin said...

Oh my, 5 months. I can't believe it!! We have GOT to get together soon! Both of our lives are changing too fast for me to keep up with! Miss you tons!

Christina said...

Cute!! I love the picture of him tipping out of his boppy. I literally LOL! ;)

Anonymous said...

He's just too darn cute! I love that last pic of him. My son LOVES being outside too & hates getting his nose wiped. They have something in common!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved