Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. What book, movie or song has made you want to travel to a particular place? (eg. I went to Prince Edward Island because I was such a Anne of Green Gables fan) I am not sure about this one a lot of the books I read take place in undesirable places I love memoirs and alot of the ones i have read are in tiny towns or bad areas of towns. Maybe I could go to new York based on the Confessions of a Shopaholic series when she goes to New York City?

2. Aside from your significant other, who would you want to take with you on a dream trip?
I would take a friend, it would have to be someone who is fun to hang out with drama free and has a good sense of humor, I'm choosing not to pick by name because I have several options

3. Where would said dream trip be to?
My all time dream would be to go to Tahiti

4. If you were hosting guests or providing tips, what three things would you show visitors to your hometown? (be it where you live now or where you grew up) I would give three tips when traveling to Japan I lived there for 2 years and some things stand out.
1. when traveling out and about its usually best to wear a skirt and carry a small package of tissue as many of the public toilets are porcelain holes in the ground without toilet paper so its much easier to squat and pee when wearing a skirt and many don't have TP so you'll want to have your own
2. carry a book or something to keep yourself entertained on the trains/subways long stretches can get boring and you ll look more in place if you have a book or fancy smart phone to play with
3. pack light- dragging many bags and or suitcases through public areas draws A LOT of attention and dirty looks from the locals

5. If you had a long weekend ahead of you, where you head – beach, city or country/mountains? I would go to Chicago, Mark and I have been wanting to go for a while now, either that or back to Boston we had such an awesome time the last time we went I love that city to death!


6. Do you have a passport? If so, did you get it for a particular trip or just to have, in case? I do have a passport, and I use it often, I first got a passport to go on a missions trip to Mexico then I had another passport for when I lived in Japan. I have used my passport to go to Mexico, Belize, Africa, A cruise, and my honeymoon to Antigua


7. Are there any travel souvenirs you collect? If not, is there something else you collect? Not really I used to collect shot glasses but after moving a few times they are all still in the box from like three apartments ago, so I don't really collect anything I think about the show Hoarders when I think of collections, so when I travel I will get something useful, such as jewelry, art whatever


8. If you could name a paint colour, what colour would it be and what would you call it?
I would name my paint color Shazam and it would be a really bright pink, not neon pink but just very bright and jewel toned

9. If you were heading away for a weekend city break solo, where would you go? (forget about practicality here and flight times, assume you can get to any city in the world for the weekend) I don't like to travel solo so I would go somewhere that has people I know.

10. Is there a song or a smell or something that you strongly associate with a particular holiday/place/time, such that it always takes you back? Cinnamon smell brings me back to Christmas when I was little and we would always wake to the smell of Cinnamon bread in the bread maker

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved