Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stayin busy

So the past two weeks have been like a whirlwind, super duper busy, but very fun!!

We started of this craziness by going to Vegas March 23-25 (a tuesday through thursday) we went for my birthday just me and the hubby. It was so fun, The Venetian was having a special when we booked and we were able to upgrade to a suite for free.

This place was glorious mainly the shower is what exited me it had the rain shower head thing plus the body jets, I could have lived in there!! The bathroom was about as huge as the living space and it was all marble and very pretty. We were slightly disappointed by the comfort level on the bed though we would have thought they would have invested in some softer sheets or something.

We didn't do alot of gambling actually we just stuck to the penny slots. I have not the slightest clue how to play any of the card games but we decided when we go back we will study up on some of them so we can participate. Mark likes blackjack but decided not to make me sit around and wait for him even though I said it was ok I didn't mind. We really just did alot of walking around but thats fine by me :)There is so much to see in Vegas that thats all we really had time for.


For my birthday we went to eat at this super fancy restaurant and had one of the best meals I have had in my life!! I got the Kobe beef flat iron steak which came with a small dallop of mashed potatoes and one carrot haha and then we got a bowl of sauted serrano peppers which I was hesitant of at first but they were so amazing not the slightest bit spicy. I also ordered this sushi that had pop rocks in it!! It was quite the delicious experience and I would have never thought to put pop rocks in sushi but it totally rocked!!! Then after dinner we went to see a Cirque du Soleil show "O" It was fantastic and think everyone should get a chance to see it!


Then we came home thursday and friday I left for Austin to run another 1/2 marathon with my mom. This one was the best it was the ZOOMA womens race series in Austin. The course was beautful, lots of clean porta potties with TP and then after the race we got free massages, free beer and wine, free lunch and lots of other free goodies...because you know thats totally why I run for the free beer and goodies at the end!!



I beat my last time by 24mins!! I did the race in 2:03 which now makes me want to beat my time and do it under 2 hours!! I know if I train I can do it because I really didnt train for this one I admit it! My mom was a total rockstar too, she had a pretty serious calf injury about 9 weeks ago and was instructed by her doc not to run, but shes too competitive and did anyway and actually beat her last time by 4 minutes!! The picture above is actually her crossing the finish line.

The weekend was a great girls bonding time with my mom hangin at the pool and chattin it up!!

Then I worked during that next week and headed back to Austin last weekend for my sweet friends wedding shower and bachelorette party she is such a sweet girl and we had an amazing time and I am so excited to be in her wedding in May it will be my first time as a bridesmaid!! Her shower was like one out of the movies. It was so much fun and so amazing I am going to dedicate it to a post by itself!!

Now I am back home trying to get my life back into routine and back into the daily grind, but man the last two weekd sure were a blast!

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved