Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Life these days


Apparently L is NOT a fan of the ol blog because every time I want to sit down to write a post he demands my full attention...well I decided to put my foot down, as I type I am feeding him and typing with one hand...

He turned 8 weeks on tuesday, I cant believe I almost have a two month old!!

Breastfeeding has been going great, Im so glad I stuck with it and worked through the problems because things are going great now, we no longer have meltdowns at every feeding, I no longer am in excruciating pain most of the time and L is certainly gaining weight he has the funniest chunky chin and some serious thigh muscles!! We weighed him at my parents last weekend and he was about 11.5 lbs!!  The only thing is   I wish it didn't take him almost an hour to eat, its so annoying and makes feeding him in public difficult because it takes so long so usually if we are going out for a while I will bring some pumped milk to give him and that has worked out good so far.

He is slowly getting on more of a schedule he has the bedtime routine down but I am going to try and move his bedtime up to about 8pm instead of 10pm and try to start doing this thing called Dream Feeding, its not for all babies and while I very much believe in feeding on demand as opposed to forcing a schedule on my baby I am willing to try this.  It may not work, for some babies it really just doesnt work but,  He WILL NOT sleep more than 3.5 hours at night and it makes me so tired!! One night he slept 5 hours but thats because we were so busy all day and he literally would not take a nap.  This may be selfish of me to try but at this point I am desperate for sleeping longer than 3 hours. He has also started taking more regular naps...not always but he will usually always sleep for a stretch of time from around 11 or 12 until about 2 or 3.  Aside from that its just a lot of cat naps.

I go back to work in 3 weeks and we still haven't found a person to watch him, mainly because I have been in denial and am so worried about leaving him in my home with a stranger.  I have given it to God and have just been praying for a wonderful person to come and care for him those few hours at night while me and hubs are at work.  The only thing making me feel ok about leaving him when I go to work is that he will be asleep most of the time so I wont be missing out on much. I am also looking into a video surveillance system that I can monitor from my cell phone so I can keep an eye on whats going on while were away.


As far as the Shrinxx Hips that I bought to try out...it did work but I think would have worked better had I wore it more consistently.  It did bring my hips from about 36.5 when I started to about 36 or so, I think  once I start running more the little extra squish will go away.


We went on our first out of town trip with the little guy this past weekend and it really was a huge success.  He wasnt a fan of being in the car seat so much but over all was a very happy baby the entire trip.  He got to meet a lot of people for the first time and I got to see family that I hadnt seen in many many years, so in all it was a fantastic weekend for all!!

I love this picture I just think he looks so cute!!

With my brother...he really loved his Uncle J

with my dad, aunt and brother

me and my cousin who looks more like my sister

1 comment:

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

How did dreamfeeding work? I tried it a couple of times, but it always backfired...Georgia would wake and think it was time to play! Hopefully your little one is letting you get more sleep now!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved