Tuesday, September 13, 2011

3 months...and a half

So I need to do this already before we hit 4 months... which is in like 2 weeks.  This past month has just been one big crazy adjustment with me going back to work.
So lets get to it!

Age: 3.5 months, 16 weeks
got my dukes up...better watch out

Weight: 15lbs

Milestones: L rolled over for the first time this past saturday which was Sept 10, 2011.  He was doing tummy time and just rolled over! He did it again 3 more times and I have not gotten him to do it since...he knows I'm trying to record it so he isn't cooperating.  He also grabs at stuff more and brings objects in his hands to midline and sometimes puts them in his mouth.  I am also convinced he is teething already.  I asked the dentist when I went this past week and she said her son had 4 teeth by the time he was 4 months...Lord help me and my nipples should this be the case!!

Eating: He is eating a 6-7oz bottle before bed on the nights I work and then 4-5oz bottles any other time he is hungry usually around 2 am and 6 am.  When I don't work I just nurse him and I am so glad that it is no longer taking 45 min for him to eat.  He will be done in about 10-15 minutes and I love it! It makes nursing him in public outings much easier as it doesn't take up half the day LOL

Sleeping:  He has slept ALLLLL the way through the night a few times!!! Like from 9pm till 6am and then sometimes back to bed till 930 or 10 am!! Its not consistent but such a blessing when it does happen.  We put him to bed awake and he puts himself to sleep.  Most nights he just stomps his feet a few times and then is out.  Some nights he will fuss a bit but usually its only for about 5 minutes or less.  We have also moved him into his own room.  I think this was harder for me than it was for him, He didn't seem to care one bit but now if we try and put him in our room he WILL.NOT.SLEEP so he stays in his room.  We turn on his white noise, his turtle light, the fan, and a lullaby cd and he knows its bedtime.  Also, we stopped swaddling him...my baby is growing up too fast!!! He has taken to all these changes like a champ and sleep time really is not an issue there have only really been a few nights here and there that he protests

What I'm Wearing: I am wearing size 6 months clothes from carters and some 3-6 month clothes in certain brands and some 6-9 month sizes...This totally blows my mind that my sweet lil man is getting so big, but I love that he looks so cute in all his button down shirts and blue jeans
Likes: L loves his playmat still, probably more now than he used to. He is also more interested in his swing now that he can sit up better and play with the toy bar that it comes with.  He loves to be outside and go on runs with mommy.  Loves to be walked around the house and talked to and also loves bath time, it doesn't matter how grumpy he is if you stick him in the tub he is a happy boy. Being naked, getting his shirt changed for some reason pulling a shirt over his head is the funniest thing to him.


Dislikes: Being left alone, being too cold, being put into the carseat, once he is in and the car is moving he is usually ok but should there be a stop sign or red light...its over and a meltdown ensues
My sleepy boy
I love you sweet boy and love to watch you grow and change each and every day, you are getting so strong and I love how much you love to be with me, it breaks my heart when I leave you and when Im at work I miss you like crazy, at least you are asleep most of the time I am gone.  I love getting to know you more and more each day you are such a sweet baby and I love every minute I have with you.

3 comments:

April Lynn | Our Little Loves said...

Our babies are a lot alike!

F LOVES bat time too!

She is also in size 6 month in her Carters onesies. No 9 month stuff yet...or at least that I have tried. I know she still fits into SOME of her 3mo stuff still too though. Have you had him weighed lately? She was 12lb 14 1/2 oz last week so this week I know she is above 13lbs.

She was refusing bottles altogether when I went back to work last month (only 2 days a week luckily and for 7hr days) and when she would take them it was only 3oz total but now thankfully she will take about 4oz...better than fighting it I guess though. I thnk she waits for me to get home and just satisfies her appetite with the bottles though.

So crazy how fast they are growing!

Mrs. Lopez said...

Our daughter is about the same age and hates being put into the car seat too LOL! She also loves bath time and is in 6-9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. She weighs 17 lbs. They are very similar. The only thing is she HATES tummy time and hasn't rolled over yet but I'm working on it.

Christina said...

He's so cute! I can not get over all that hair!
xo


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved