Saturday, September 17, 2011

lil booger

We've had our first bought with illness.  Nothing major but nonetheless no fun for this mama to see her lil guy sick.

Since he was about he 2 weeks old he has had clogged tear ducts and thus has had small amounts of green drainage in the corner of his eyes.  It cleared up slightly and then about a week ago he just had large amounts of green drainage constantly oozing out of his tear ducts and when he cried...it would be so much it would literally drip down his face...so gross I know but reality.  I took him in and got some eye drops and after about 5 days its finally clearing up.

During all this he developed a little runny nose.  nothing major but he sounds congested and sometimes gets frustrated when eating.  He doesn't have a fever so we just wait it out.  I thought maybe it was related to teething but I have heard such mixed feelings Im just not sure.

In order to deal with the boogs I broke down and ordered this:

Nosefrida:

The concept behind this thing is disgusting and a few months ago pre baby I swore I would NEVER use this thing.  Well here we are now using this contraption.  You put that blue piece right at the tip of the nostril, occlude the other nostril, and suck like crazy on the red piece.  there is a filter piece that will keep the snot from traveling up the tubing and honestly if you had enough snot to even come close to filling that blue trap and getting to your mouth well you might need to seek some medical help because that would be abnormal.

This thing seriously works...I work in the NICU and we have suction that is hooked up to the wall and its some serious suction it can get some massive boogs out of these itty bitty babies that makes you wonder how they even have room to store boogs that big...well this thing works as good as the wall suction at the hospital, its really that good!!

Im a believer the ol bulb suction they give you at the hospital...throw it out and get this bad boy you'll be glad you did and the satisfaction you'll get when your baby can breath and you don't have to be constantly wiping their little nose will be AMAZING!

And because I just think he is the most adorable thing...I leave you with a picture of my lil booger

My chunky man hard at work in his workshop

1 comment:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

That's insane! I hadn't heard of that thing before, but glad it worked! I will keep it in mind for a future kiddo. I think W would just about die if I tried it now!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved