I Usually always try to make some kind of goals/resolution of some sort for each new year but I feel like I never write it down so its hard to look back and keep myself accountable.
These are all things I have been working towards for a while but I thought I would put them in writing so I can look back and stay reminded.
1. Deepen my relationship with Christ- I think this is something we should always strive for, I am starting a bible study in a few weeks at a friend in my neighborhoods church and I am really excited about it! One thing I think my church doesn't do well is have a good bible study program and it is something I have been wanting to get involved in for quite some time so when my friend brought up the idea I jumped at the opportunity.
With that said I want to carve out some time dedicated solely to bible study/prayer/being intentional with my time with the Lord. So far I have started the She Reads Truth Fresh Start Study Plan. I wish I could wake up before L and do this but that is just not feasible in my life so I either do it after he goes to bed or more often, in the morning after L wakes up. Usually he wakes up and drinks some milk, has breakfast and then is content to entertain himself for a good amount of time and this is when I do my bible time.
2. Run More- simple enough, I dont want to lose weight or be healthier blah blah I just really want to run more. I love running, I love how I feel during and after a run. It's just getting out and doing it thats the hard part. I have a big race coming up in April and I want to do well so I am hoping to get running at least 3 days a week!
3. Get Organized- This house of mine is a wreck and I want to get back to the organized state it once was. I plan to do one room or section of the house at a time and really purge and organize! I am so tired of not being able to find stuff when I need it!!!
4. Live More Simply- I just have been feeling so overwhelmed lately with just life in general! I don't even know really how to put this one into writing other than I just feel like there is just too much going on maybe it's the clutter maybe its trying to read 4 books at once that I just have a general feeling of anxiety and that I am never fully caught up there is always something to do or buy. I think only time will allow this one to really pan out and become clear to me.
5. Live Each Day as if it Were My Last- I just see too much crazy stuff at work and on the news and it has been made ever more clear in recent times how fleeting life is and that each day is not a promise. I would hate for something to happen and to regret that "yesterday I wish I had..." I feel like this one makes me seem really morbid but I just don't know, I guess working where I work and seeing what I see so often it has kind of put things into perspective a little bit!!
6. Read More Books- I love reading and the fact that it takes me 5 months to read one book is so not cool with me!! I want to not read 4 books at once but one at a time and really read them. I have SOOOO many books on my iBooks and Kindle I want to read so hopefully this will be an easy one!
7. Get my CCRN Certification- This is for work and something I have been wanting to do for a while but really have just become qualified to do. Being that I switched units/specialties I had to wait till I had been in my current area for about a year before I became eligible to take this test. If your curious as to what it is just click on the link.
What kinds of things do YOU want to accomplish in 2013??