Friday, December 24, 2010

18 weeks

The last two weeks have been pretty crazy not because were super busy people but my work schedule has been really weird and when I don't have many days off between the days I work it effects my motivation level and things like blogging go out the window...plus I forgot to take pictures both weeks...not like there was much to see anyway :)


How far along? 18 weeks 2 days

Baby's size? Bell pepper  or about 5 1/2 inches long

Weight Gain? Well, I had gained a pound for about a week and today I stepped on the scale and was back to pre-pregnancy weight...I don't know what gives

Maternity clothes? I don't foresee needing this for quite a while although I do have a bebe band I wear with many of my jeans because they fit comfortably when standing but when I sit they squish my tummy

Stretch marks? not a single one :)

Belly button in or out? Very much in

Sleep? My sleep schedule has been really wacky the last few weeks, on days I work I have a hard time staying asleep more than 6 hours, on days I'm off I will always wake up at 3 am wide awake and cant go back to sleep so on the nights I'm not working I usually take a quarter of a Unisom to help me stay asleep 

Foods I am loving? Papa Johns Pizza, Lucky Charms, fruit, mac and cheese, sprite

Foods I am hating? eggs, peppers or onions, garlic

Best moment this week? well when i was 16 weeks I felt the baby move for the first time, I was at work charting and was sitting kind of hunched like with bad posture...I know it was baby and not gas or any other tummy grumblings because it was down right above my pubic bone and there is nothing right there but baby and uterus.  Also it was a feeling I had never felt before kind of like a poking feeling but from the inside.  I feel it a lot more lately, mostly around when I eat, when I am at work, and if I'm sitting or lying with my legs pulled up towards my belly.  Its a pretty amazing feeling and a good reassurance that there sure is something in there and its still alive and moving

Movement? YES!!!

Symptoms? My hunger and queasiness are still at a battle HA, I was super hungry and couldn't eat enough for like three days and then all of a sudden I'm back to having no appetite and needing to take Zofran once a day on many days to have the slightest appetite and not feel all queasy and gross.  It seems I mostly feel kinda crappy when I have to work I think the night shift schedule screws with my sleep patterns and really effects my eating abilities.  I force feed myself on many occasions because I know how important it is I eat often.  I have found though If i keep pretzels or something in my pocket at work and munch on a regular basis it helps some but its just really frustrating...I want to like food again!!!

Gender? don't know yet...really really thinking its a girl on most occasions but some days I feel like maybe its a boy...I really just would like to know what this little person is

What I miss? being able to run like I used to and sleep on my back oh yeah and eat like a normal person

What I'm looking forward to? finding out what this little human is... we have a week and a half!!

Weekly Wisdom: I tell myself often God is in control He gave me this life to care for and He is in control me worrying about all the crazy weird things that can happen will do no good!

Milestone: I feel like I am finally showing just a tad

Emotions: excited and really anxious to find out the gender!!





2 comments:

Christina said...

That is so exciting! When do you get to find out the gender? With my son I first felt the flutters around 15-16 weeks and then actual kicks and movements a couple weeks later. With this pregnancy I first felt flutters between 9-11 weeks and then didn't feel anything until 18 weeks which were actual kicks! Now she's just a maniac in there always kicking and shifting her legs. She's head down so she especially likes kicking my belly after I eat :( I look forward to hearing what the baby's gender is when you find out and what name you will pick!!! Merry Christmas!

Celia Emmons said...

Katie, I am soooo excited for you! Congratulations, and let me know if you have any questions or need advice! (Been there done that 3 times!) Also, I'm studying to become a lactation consultant, so any questions from that arena I can help with! You look great! Love ya!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved