Monday, March 5, 2012

9 Months

 I cant believe my big boy has been on the outside as long as he was inside me, that is crazy! He seems so much less like a baby now and more like a little boy, this fact makes me sad and proud all at the same time!
At his 9 month appt he weighed in at 20# 6oz, he was just over the 50th percentile and she didn't tell us his length but said it was between the 25-50th percentile. His growth slowed considerably in the last three months, but, he is still my chunky man with a big head(18inches 75th%).  He did so good at his appt he had to get his 2nd flu shot and did not even cry one bit, he looked at the nurse for a second and then started smiling once I picked him up, he is such a tough guy!
He is eating like a champ these days and I am so so happy about this!! He loves butternut squash and apples and I also started feeding him yogurt and little bits of food thats not pureed.  He loves noodles and today at lunch ate pieces of banana and peas.  I think he just doesn't like the texture of pureed foods because pretty much anything I give him that is not mashed he loves but always makes a face when he eats pureed foods.  I thicken the purees I have with oatmeal but probably wont make too many more purees as he seems totally ready for whole foods.  I am not going to lie though the first few times he at whole foods I was so scared he was going to choke, but the boy has to learn sometime!!  Also, puffs and mum mums are his all time favorites!! He is still nursing and will nurse anywhere from 4-6 times a day and when I work he takes an 8oz bottle at bedtime.

He is sleeping well, often he cries when we lay him down but usually not for long he has made his bedtime later around 8-9pm which is ok because then M gets to see him when he gets home from work, and he sleeps till around 830 in the AM...usually...some days he still wakes up at 6, no fun.  He doesn't have a "lovie" although I wish he did because I think its cute but I guess its one less thing to take away later.

He is a HUGE mama's boy!! If I am in the house he wants to be with me and he loves to cuddle with momma which I love and cherish because I know it may not last forever.

He is wearing size 6-9m and some 12m stuff, he needs bigger size pants because of the cloth diapers.

He isn't crawling yet but wants to so bad, he does scooch on his but and loves to "walk" when we hold his hands.  He is also starting to try and pull up on stuff mainly the edge of the bath tub, the couch, and me.

He loves his Sofie the giraffe toy and anything squishy he can chew on, the boy has 8 teeth now!!  He loves bath time, going on walks, and his jumpy jump as we call it.

He has started to despise diaper changes and doesn't like to be left alone... and nap time...we will leave that unmentioned :)

I cant even describe how much it melts my heart when he says "mama" and gets so excited when I get home from work.  His smile is so happy and I think there is nothing better than a big ol grin when I look at him.

2 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

What a fun age! I bet he can't wait to walk around on his own!

His haircut looks perfect!

Kellianne said...

Ok, that tie in the first pic is tooooooooooooooo cute!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved