Thursday, March 22, 2012

Project 52::10



52:10

 LIFE

But all things should be done decently and in order
1 Corinthians 14:40


There is just something about the diapers being washed, organized, and in color order.  These aren’t all of them just the most recent load, but it just makes me happy when I get them washed, stuffed and in order as opposed to in a pile, selected as they are needed.

We have been doing cloth diapers for about 9 months now, as we started when L was about a month old since I was rather uneducated on the newborn diapers.  Anywhoo…the use of cloth diapers in this house has changed images a bit since the beginning.  Gone are the days of throwing them all in the dirty bin without a second thought until wash day.  Oh no, since the introduction of more solid foods the diaper situation has gotten a bit ugly at times and not as glamorous as it once was.  I have done it long enough though that I am in love with cloth diapering and am slightly addicted to buying them, a little poo can’t change my mind at this point in the game. 

Now days the way I deal with the yucky ones is not my first choice which is why a diaper sprayer is on its way from Amazon.com to my house.  At the present the poo diapers get dunked in the toilet while it’s flushed numerous times until they are semi clean then placed in the dirty bin.  I wash about every 3 days sometimes every 1 or 2 depending on the number of poo diapers we’ve had since I don’t like them to sit long.  I still have the same wash routine though a cold rinse followed by a hot wash and two cold rinses.  I still use Charlie’s Soap and I have not yet had a problem with the diapers being stinky after the wash…it seems to not matter how gross they are going in they always come out fresh and white.  I also have started doing “tub wash” cycles on my washer to sanitize my washer, I don’t know if its necessary or not but it makes me feel better.  At the present we use about 5-6 diapers a day and still use disposable diapers at night since I got tired of L waking up at night because he was cold and wet and then having to change jammies and sheets at 2 am!!

And that my friends is what our cloth diaper journey looks like at 10 months old   


No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved