Saturday, July 18, 2009

Whip it up week 3

Regional favorites was the name of the game and being from south texas i didnt really feel like making southwestern/mexican type food so I hit up my Gram who lives in Slidell which is outside New Orleans and asked for a recipe from her region mainly because many of my memories from childhood come from being at their house and the meals they would prepare... SOOOO GOOD

So I decided to go with Shrimp Creole one of my favorites which I had never made before but brought back memories from my childhood vacations and the few months of 4th grade that we lived there while my mom moved from California to Ohio

Shrimp Creole

1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 Tbs instant minced onion (I actually used about 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion)
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
2Tbs flour
1Tbs Season-all
1 bay leaf
1/8 tsp cayenne or red pepper
2tsp parsley flakes
3 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1 lb cooked, cleaned shrimp (cook shrimp in boil for spicier taste)



Melt butter in large (10-inch) skillet.
Saute onion, celery, and green peppers in butter until is lightly browned


Blend in flour
Add remaining ingredients except shrimp; mix well
Cover and simmer 30 minutes
Stir in pre-cooked shrimp and continue simmering just until shrimp is heated through


Serve over hot steamed rice



This recipe was so good and very easy to make I would defanitly make it again and it made a good amount of left overs which is always a plus in my book!!

1 comment:

Cat Woman said...

very good. And it looked good too. This whip it up could really broadening Mark, I mean broaden your repertoire. lol


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved