Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 1::Being Present in the Little Things

My goofy boy being so silly

Today was such a great day.  I actually woke up early and had some quiet time which I really think improves the whole rest of the day.  Having quiet time with God as well as time to plan out what I need to do during the day helps me to feel less frazzled and distracted the rest of the day

Part of my devotion this morning really struck me and I thought was so fitting with the topic I chose for this challenge.  It was talking about noticing God in unique ways and it said "We often encounter God when we pay attention to what's going on around us." I think this is so fitting in my pursuit to be present and just enjoy life.  Its so easy just to go about life and not really notice what we are doing or seeing.  I mean I have seriously driven home from work before and as I pull into the driveway think that I don't really even remember getting from point A to B.



As we were driving to our baby appointment this morning it was made so clear how beautiful the clouds were.  It was clearing of a rain storm and we were approaching Houston and the clouds were just incredible and fluffy and beautiful.  For me its noticing those little moments that are little reminders of God's greatness.

We had a great appointment and saw that baby L is still head down which is a huge blessing, I hope he stays that way! We then went to Ikea to purchase some furniture and it ended up being on sale...another little blessing!!

The smile that melts my heart multiple times a day!!

I had such a great day hanging out with my people.  My hubby is off work all week and my little guy is just so full of energy and personality these days I loved just a regular 'ol day of hanging out!  Even though we were busy and running errands it didn't feel stressful or busy it was just enjoyable which is what this is all about!



No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved