Friday, October 25, 2013

Five on Friday

I can't believe we are here on another Friday!! I'm so looking foreword to this weekend so lets get started!!

My mom (in the middle) who I think is pretty awesome is graduating from her Masters program this weekend!! I am so proud of her and can't wait to celebrate this accomplishment with her this weekend!! This was us in April at the Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC...and a little 10 week old Baby L2 :) Considering this was POST race don't my mom and Gram look awesome?!



We met with our Doula this past week...I feel like such a crunchy granola using one, but I really think she will be a key player and HUGE support for my desire to have this baby au-natural this go round.  She is so calm and gentle in her demeanor I really am looking foreword to working with her!

We haven't made too much more progress on Project Nursery... While me and L are out of town this weekend the hubby will have a little to do list of things he needs to get done so I can finish cleaning, organizing and decorating. I know what we have left to do wont take long but knowing that we only have 4 weeks tops is starting to freak me out!!!


Our neighborhood had their annual pumpkin festival and we decided to try and beat the rain and go.  L had a great time this year and even rode the little pony without crying! He could have browsed the pumpkins all day.  They had some food trucks out there and we ate at this one called Bernie's Burger Bus and it was amazing!!  The weather is finally starting to cool of a bit here and its amazing!!



Two of my best friends and sorority sisters threw me the most precious shower last weekend.  I want to dedicate a whole post to that because all the food and decorations were just so cute! Im so thankful and blessed to have such sweet girls in my life!!!


5 comments:

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

Good luck with your natural child birth, once you do that Im sure you can accomplish anything!!! (I tried but couldnt do it. Who knew 4 cm could be soooo painful ;)
Whitney

Whitney @ Work it Mommy said...

Good luck on your natural child birth, once you do that Im sure you can accomplish anything! (I tried but couldnt do it. Who knew 4cm would be so painful ;)
Whitney

Brittnie said...

I was sad to miss your play group shower!! I have your present ready for you so I'll be sure to bring it to the next play group. :)

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

stopping by from the linkup...and happy to be following along now! your little one is precious and so is that shower for baby leighton! how gorgeous! pinterest worthy! ;)

hope you had a lovely friday!
xx
elise

3 Peanuts said...

Your shower looks like it was really cute!!!! Hope you are feeling well.

Kim


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved