Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nursery

The nursery is finally about as finished as it is going to be before Landon gets here.  There are a few things that will be added over time but I suppose that is the case with any room.  We originally hadn't planned on using these colors but I was silly and waited to order the bedding i had originally wanted and the result was the fabric she used being discontinued.  So since we had already painted the walls based on the blue in the previous bedding I had the task of finding something non-cheesy or feminine that matched the same blue...let me tell you, that was quite the task!! In the end though, I love it!! I love the contrast the red gives and I have always been a fan of red and light blue together.

The letters were a baby shower gift and are from Pottery Barn Kids

the curtains are from Target and are actually a little darker in person

frame cluster, the beautiful frame with the cross was a baby shower gift and the shadow box up top was a baby shower gift as well...the rest were either made by me or acquired at different times.  For now, the frames mostly all have printed papers in them and there are two blank shadow boxes on the bottom all of which will eventually have actual stuff in them.  The stroller is the Uppababy Vista (I love love love it and cant wait to use it!!!!)

I would like to put some decorative things on top of the hutch but am not sure what I want to put yet.  This is a view looking in from the door

Hubby is a HUGE Notre Dame fan and insisted on putting this over the door, I guess the  Notre Dame football players always touch a sign like this before leaving the locker room before games

This is a view looking out from the window, eventually I will put a glider in that space but...never sit in a chair you cant afford...the glider will have to wait as it is slightly out of our price range right now...but I will be saving up for it!! Also I have one more art piece that is going to go on that blank space of wall, it just hasn't come in yet.
I love how the nursery turned out, its simple with room to grow/change over time, and now I cant wait to bring my sweet baby home to see it and put it to use!!

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Your nursery is just gorgeous. I love the striped wall. The color blue is really pretty too.

Great job :)

Unknown said...

The subtle stripes and gallery wall are perfect! Nursery decorating is sooo fun!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved