Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Help

I know they already have a movie coming out for The Help and it is already cast, I didn't want to see who they cast for the movie though before I did this because I didn't want it to scew my inner thoughts, but if I were to cast the roles for the leading characters this is who it would be:

Aibileen Clark:

I would cast Gabourey Sidibe as Aibileen, I know they don't describe her as being this big but I just see Aibileen as a very large lovable lady and this is who pops into my head. I absolutely love her relationship the Mae Mobley she gives her the love and nurturing she needs and doesn't get from her mother

Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan:

I would cast Skeeter as Maggie Gyllenhaal, this is exactly as I see Skeeter, and at this point in the book I really think she is going to get some people in some serious trouble, she is starting to get on my nerves even though I know her motives are for good she seems to pry too much

Minny Jackson:

Minny without a doubt to me is Queen Latifah, she is sassy and not afraid to speak her mind, this is exactly who popped into my head from the very start

Hilly Holbrook:

would be Reese Witherspoon

Celia Foote:

based on the description of Celia in Ch.9 when she is spotted at the restaurant with Mr. Foote this is how I picture her as Jessica Simpson

Elizabeth Leefolt:

to me I see Mrs. Leefolt as Kirsten Dunst particularly how she looked and acted in the movie Mona Lisa Smile, I really dislike this character in the book, she is just so cold and un loving her relationship with Mae breaks my heart

Mae Mobley Leefolt:
I am not sure about this one, definitely a cute little blonde girl though

Charlotte Phelan (Skeeter's mother):

I see Charlotte as Tilda Swinton, not sure why this is just who I picture

Constantine Banks:

I think of Oprah when I think of Constantine, I am really anxious to read more about what happened to her and why she had to leave so suddenly

Stuart Whitworth:

this is what I picture when I think of Stuart, I am excited to see him and skeeter getting more serious it will be interesting to see where it goes

This was actually harder than I thought it would be, trying to find the right actress or whatever to fit the image I have in my head for each character.  I am really enjoying this book, there are so many different plots its hard to put the book down at times I just want to keep reading to see how they all play out.

And yes, every time caramel cake is mentioned I want one and all the food they talk about in the book always makes me so hungry, especially when Minnie is teaching Celia how to cook, the meals she makes always sound so good!!

All Images are from google images

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved