So we are reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett this month and so far I am in love...this book is awesome. I have heard many a good thing about it and so I was quite thrilled when we threw out the original book for the month and decided to start this one.
Part of the deal is to post our answers to questions about sets of chapters as they are posted on the website. So here is my views on Chapters 1-3
- Right off the bat, who are your favorite characters? Why? What do you like about them? I love Minny! I love her straight foreword attitude and the fact she has no fear in speaking her mind!!
- Who are your least favorite characters? Why? What is it that you dislike? I really dislike Elizabeth she seems so selfish and like she cares way to much about what others think, a very superficial person. It also breaks my heart how she treats her daughter.
- Who are you most interested to learn more about? I really want to learn more about Constantine and what happened to her, it seems like she just disappeared one day and I am really interested to see what happened.
- What do you think the Terrible Awful Thing is that Minny did to Miss Hilly? I think she put some kind of bodily fluid or function into that pie!!
- Why is Celia Foote hiding Minny from Mister Johnny? What is she afraid of? She probably wants him to think she is a superior house wife and can do it all on her own, I think she is afraid of him leaving her.
- What kind of man do you perceive Mister Johnny to be? A man you don't wont to cross paths with on a bad day!
- What do you think is to come from Miss Skeeter's question she asked Aibileen in the kitchen? I actually have no insight on this one at this time